In this new three-minute video, Crouzet Motors Product Manager, Michel Nicol, walks you through using the Valve Actuator template and a combination of inputs 1 through 5 to set up precise opening and closing of a valve.
Electric Motor Valve Actuator Setup Made Easy with DCmind Smart Brushless Motors
The video below also shows how easily you can switch from the Valve Actuator template mode to the Expert Mode to access many more settings in order to tailor speeds, acceleration, deceleration and more parameters to suit your individual application requirements.
The Crouzet DCmind Brushless motors represent a new generation of direct current brushless motors. They offer outstanding performance, more power, more precision and more functionality. With a mechanical power rating of up to 150 W, the DCmind Brushless motor is the most powerful in its range, yet is the same size as the old 80 W version. So DCmind Brushless motors are suitable for the most demanding markets, in industry, valves and pumps, access control and the energy sector.
The SMi21 version of the DCmind Brushless motors is designed for motion control: position, speed and torque. It comes with a software interface, DCmind-Soft. As shown in the video above, when installed on a PC, this interface can be used to select, configure and download the motor’s motion program and to set parameters for individual applications.
DCmind product benefits include:
- Human-machine interfaces (HMI) for ease of use
- Application programs for fast and intuitive start-up
- TNi21: Simplified speed and torque control
- SMi21: Simplified position, speed and torque control
- Suitable for use with 12, 24 and 48 V power supplies
- Standby consumption only 1 W
- 6 inputs, 4 outputs
- Wide range of settings
- Up to 64,000 positions via analog inputs
- 30 positions via encoding
DCmind versions incorporating CANopen technology to allow you to network several motors are now also available. This proven communication interface makes it possible to coordinate and synchronize every movement of a machine with high accuracy.
- Many processes and various types of OEM machinery require different levels of valve actuation, based on specific inputs. In the past, this may have required special control hardware and valve control software design. Today, however, valve adjustment is easily accomplished using the simple valve control software that accompanies smart DCmind…
- New brushless motor with integrated Speed/Torque and Positioning Controls More Power, More Precision, More Functionality. As an expert in customized brushless motor solutions, Crouzet Motors launches the DCmind Brushless motor family: the new generation of high-performance direct current brushless motors, with output power ratings from 34 to 192 W and…